Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

completely blank screen

• Please log in to reply

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
ok well I figured I was going to format my drive and install Windows ME, so i was messing around with partition managers (not inside windows, some linux thing that you do in DOS i guess) and for some reason when i turned on the computer, it works fine at first, but right before it would normally go to the boot manager or to select normal, something, safe mode, or something else (I have it set up to do that) it gives me a black screen with absolutely nothing on it, and nothing happens

so yea, what a perfect time to format and install Windows 2000. i formatted the drive, installed it, it said it needed to reboot because it was done, and it stilll gives me the black screen described above.

:tazz:

Advertisements

MNOB07

MNOB07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
forget it, somehow it got fixed. i got it working but there's still a lot wrong like can't read from cdrom withou getting one of two error messages, display only goes up to 800x600 with 16 colors (probably a drive problem but i have no idea where to find the solution.) I guess it's ridiculous to expect people to know the answers to problems, I'll try to just figure the rest out on my own