Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting speakers

• Please log in to reply

peadhar

peadhar

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Could anyone help, I've recently purchased a nice set of Logitech 5.1 surround speakers, and I have a problem connecting them to my new PC.

After connecting the 5 speakers to the sub-woofer successfully, I cannot line up the colour codes at the back of my PC. I assume I have a sound card, the jacks at the back are coloured blue, lime green, and orange.

However the lead from the subwoofer is coloured black, green and orange.
After trying different combo's, I can only get the rear and centre speakers working only, or the two front speakers only.

I have modified Windows to 5.1 surround system okay - it must be the way I am connecting the leads to the PC. Or does anyone know if I need some sort of adaptor or something? REALLY IRRITATING................. :mad:

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
is this an onboard soundcard or a PCI card? in either case, you should be able to find info on the net on what to plug where. if its onboard, look in your manual or got to the mobo website. also make sure if its onboard, that it can support 5.1 sound.
generally speaking, the green out is for FL/FR, the blue would be RL/RR, and the orange would be sub/center.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Agreed with audioboy- from what your describing it seems that your audio is onboard and that it doesnt support 5.1---you can purchase a new soundcard that can support 5.1 surround sound and install it in your computer disabling the onboard audio

peadhar

peadhar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the reply, folks.
But I have just recently purchased the system and it did list 5.1 sound support in the spec. I also emailed the supplier and they responded that I had indeed a soundcard pre-installed which supports 5.1..

I will hunt the net, but I have to say I am stumped, I've tried plugging the jacks in all the different variations I could think of, but with no joy.
As I mentioned earlier, it will play only front speakers, or only centre and rear speakers.
I also double checked the connections on the sub-woofer and they appear fine...........

If I find a solution I will let you know, thanks again........... :tazz: