Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Troj/Virtum-Gen and Mal/DownLdr-O removal

• Please log in to reply

rpradeep

rpradeep

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I ran a sopho scan and it detects the viruses/malware "Troj/Virtum-Gen and Mal/DownLdr-O" but unable to clean it. Both these point to c:\WINDOWS\system32\rqRHyyYq.dll.

I need some help to remove this as its really messing my laptop. I have ran spybot, but it keeps asking me to reboot and re-scan infinitely.

Please help

Thanks,

Pradeep

Advertisements

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
Hello user and welcome to Geeks to Go! My is Dave and I'll be helping you to clean your computer.

The first thing I need you to do is go to this link and follow the instructions there: You must read this before posting a HijackThis log. These are some preliminary steps designed to deal with the most common problems. If you follow the procedures and your problems disappear, then great - let us know of your success. If you're still having trouble when you get to Step 5 - Posting a HijackThis (HJT) log, follow the steps for downloading and creating a log with HJT. Then post the logs from HijackThis and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware here in a reply to this thread so I can take a look at them and get an idea of what's going on with your computer.

- Dave