Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Black Screen With Video Card Specs

• Please log in to reply

bwjudy

bwjudy

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
While running vista i shut down my pc, hooked up extra internal hard drive and was having problems booting. So I disconnected extra hd and tried to boot like normal and I got a black screen with my video card specs at the top left corner. After trial and error, unplugging my video card, trying to boot with the original svga hookup that came with the Dell, still no luck. Most of the time it won't even go into BIOS, and when it does, I get some weird fonts like ?a over the top of the screen. I ordered a new video card, replaced the old one, hooked up everything and tried to boot and I get the black screen with my new video card specs at the top reading "RV505LE DDR2 BIOS 550E/400M VDVO" So I'm guessing it is not my video card now. Any suggestions? Everything was running perfectly fine until I got the bright idea of hooking up another internal HD that didn't work. My original HD with my OS should be running fine.

Thanks for the help.
Wayne

Advertisements

bwjudy

bwjudy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I got it to boot off the Vista CD to reinstall drivers and i got a blue screen after the drivers loaded. The blue screen error was "The driver is mismanaging system PTEs". Any ideas anyone?

bwjudy

bwjudy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I booted off windows vista CD again, tried to do startup repair. I got an error telling me a hard disk could not be found. However, I have tried a couple of other bootable hard drives and get the same boot problem with it showing the graphics card specs. So I know my hard drives are good. Can anyone help?