Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vista wont fully boot up.

• Please log in to reply

kouper

kouper

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
went to turn on my comp today and my vista home premium wouldnt boot up. after going through the videocard and bios boot screens it goes to the microsoft screen with the little green status bar it goes dark and after a second my curser appears on a black background. i can move it around but cant do anything... i also cant find my vista disk to reformat....

Advertisements

arnold russell

arnold russell

• Pip
  • 3 posts
1. Restart the computer from the Windows Vista DVD (the computer must be configured to start from CD/DVD), and start setup.
2. When prompted, click Repair your computer.
3. Startup Repair will automatically detect a problem. When prompted, click Repair and restart, and then restart your computer from the Windows Vista DVD. If Startup Repair does not automatically detect a problem, continue to the next step.
4. When prompted, click Repair Your Computer.
5. Click Startup Repair from the System Recovery Options.
________________________________________________________________________________