Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't type in threads....

• Please log in to reply

tonyfonseka

tonyfonseka

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Guys,

need your help. I recently installed mozila firefox 3.0.3

since then everything have been haywire... i can't click on photos (friendster) to switch to next...can't log into my site (www.drift.com.my) can't click on new emails (hotmail) and can't type in threads (www.zerotohundred.com)

surprisingly i'm typing in this thread though...pls help and tell me what to do step by step as i'm not very good at PCs.

I'm using windows xp.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there tonyfonseka. It must be a setting somewhere, so lets try get it sorted out...

Open Firefox and goto:
> Tools
> Options
> Click on "Content" tab
> Make sure "Load images automatically", "Enable JavaScript" and "Enable Java" are selected

Then goto:
> "Privacy" tab
> Make sure "Accept cookies from sites" and "Accept third-party cookies" are selected

If this method doesn't work then there must have been something that went wrong during the installation. So I'd recommend re-installing it.

Before you can re-install it, make sure you uninstall it first!

Goto:
> Start
> Control Panel
> Add or Remove Programs
> Scroll down and select "Mozilla Firefox (3.0.3)"
> Click "Change/Remove" to uninstall

The uninstaller includes the option, "Remove my Firefox personal data and customizations". Select it... Of course save your bookmarks and things you would like to keep to restore later.

NOTE: This will remove your Firefox user profile data (bookmarks, passwords, cookies, extensions, preferences, etc.). So just backup what you need.

Then run the installer again and then let me know if you still having the same problems.

Cool :)