Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DIRECTX ERROR

• Please log in to reply

liz74

liz74

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
hi guys,
i recently tried to install dark reign 2 but i got a message saying cant start hardware accelerated directx 7.0 i needed directx 7.0 or higher, which i thought i already had. anyway i got sent to a microsoft page where i then downloaded direct x 9. so then i returned to the game and the same message appeared.so the game is installed but i cant play it. i am running on win 98 please help

:D <_<

Advertisements

liz74

liz74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
oh won't somebody please, please help me
is there anyway of uninstalling directx and then reinstalling again? <_<

Edited by liz74, 28 June 2004 - 04:06 AM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Did you restart your computer after updating DirectX? Have you updated the video drivers?

liz74

liz74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
im sure i did ,but i did it again to be sure.i updated driver and reinstalled the game.the same error message came up.i rebooted after everything as i was prompted to.i also made sure that norton anti virus was disabled while i did all this what could possibly be wrong <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Are you experiencing problems with any other games?

liz74

liz74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
i wasn't sure so i tried to install settlers 3 and it said i need directx.but i thought i already installed dx9.is there any way of checking? <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
To start the DirectX Diagnostic Tool:
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type dxdiag, and then click OK.

http://support.micro...b;en-us;q190900

liz74

liz74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
ok,so it turns out that i am running directx 9,but in the display tab it says the file nvdisp.drv is not digitally signed.it also says direct 3d functionality not available. now in the sound tab it says the file sbpci.sys is not digitally signed.how do i correct these things? <_<