Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need virtumonde.dll help please

• Please log in to reply

ymurf

ymurf

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I found this site by searching for help on a virtumonde.dll fix. I downloades a game for my wife and when i went to install it a bunch of stuff started popping up.A antivirus called microav or winfixer and i finally booted in safe mode and got rid of it.Ran spybot and had 40 things to fix.But every time i reboot and run spybot i get two things on it under virtumonde.dll. after doing some reading here i downloaded vundo fix but it doesnt find anything.I went and tracked the errors from spybot in the registry but always heard not to mess in there so i didn't do anything.What can i do?Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
hello,
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

ymurf

ymurf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

hello,
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

I went to start here and did what it said.Vundofix still didnt find anything so i tried Virtumondobegone and that seems to have taken care of it.I ran spybot and it didnt find anything last night.Anything else i should do to make sure its gone?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Yeah MBAM in that topic

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Please follow the directions of the Mal-ware experts.
They are the ones who know about this stuff.

ymurf

ymurf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I spoke to soon.Did a spybot scan again just now and it is back.Ill go to the mailware foum now.Thanks.