Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem switching between users?

• Please log in to reply

jdimauro

jdimauro

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello-
We have an xp pro PC at work running Remote Desktop. Friday night, I'm at home working on it successfully.
Saturday morning, I tried to login, but it said something like remote user disconnected.

I drove to the office and rebooted the PC. Went back home and still cannot connect. Went back to the office and rebooted again, but logged in as a different user. We have 3 user accounts all have admin priv. Everything is cool.

BUT, when I choose start - log off - switch users, then try a different account, the screen flashes to blank, then back to the log in window with the 3 user accounts listed?

I have to reboot to switch users? Each users logins in correctly after the reboot, but no fast switching. Never happened before. We've been using remote desktop for several months--our remote location logs into the remote user account and our admin logs into their admin account?

This is the first time I logged in from home. Did my PC logging in remotely effect something?

Help please!

Joey

Edited by jdimauro, 05 October 2008 - 12:05 PM.

Advertisements

jdimauro

jdimauro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
As I was searching this forum for similar issues, I came across this: http://support.micro...om/?kbid=811151
and was wondering if anyone thought it applied to my situation? Or does this apply more for login into a sever as opposed to the PC itself?

The difference between my problem and the related problems that I'm reading about is that I can successfully login to each user account if I reboot and then switch users. In other words-no fast switching like it used to.

I'm hoping to get this resolved before the start of work tomorrow.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Thanx-
Joey

jdimauro

jdimauro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Sorry for the bump, but does anyone have a solution?

Thanx again-
Joey