Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Memory

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

elldallan

elldallan

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Ok looking for a bit of advice, currently running kv2lite mobo, 3700 athlon, nvidia gs 512mb graphics and 2 gb dual channel kingston memory, windows xp sp3.

Am looking to build new system in few months time but for now was wondering if an extra 1gb memory would be worth the investment (probably only gonna cost me £20 max) . assume the 2 gb dual channel would not run as dual channel if I added a 3rd 1gb stick (or would it) and if so would the difference be worth it?. Long term this pc would be passed down to my friends son to use so if it gonna make a noticeable difference then would not begrudge the cash now. Or is it best to leave as 2x1gb dual as opposed to 3x1gb ?

Thanks for any help

Duplicate Topic

Advertisements