Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Windows Media Player Problem

• Please log in to reply

jnicholls08

jnicholls08

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I was without int. service for a month or so.... now I run a network between my xbox360 and my computer using WMP11 as my sharing program. I have had no problems with this connection or media sharing during this time. Now I recently got int. service again and now something has gone completely haywire. My network sharing does not work... my media player does not work continually shutting down... programs running that I have never heard of... all kind of things. I uninstalled wmp11 and rolledback to 10... that did not work either.. so I download wmp11 again and now it will not finish the install... I get this prompt:

Setup_wm.exe-bad image
Application or DLL C:\Windows\system32\msxml3.dll is not a valid window image. please check against install disk.

Now there is more... the original problem was my media sharing for windows stopped working to begin with... this is what made me mess with WMP. My media sharing continually will come up saying it has encountered a problem and must close. there are more problems than this... however lets start here.

I really need help for the fact that all my media is stored on this computer and I can no longer use it on 360.... I have no cable but I do have thgousands of movies on here I can not watch now!!! Never had a problem like this before... I am usually very safe. I appreciate any help that I may receive. Thank you

A poor and desperate soul,
Jeremy

Edited by RatHat, 06 October 2008 - 07:57 AM.
Remove HijackThis log. Malware forum only please.

Advertisement

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,538 posts
try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820930

this should solve your msxml3.dll issue.

jnicholls08

jnicholls08

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I did this and I waiting for reboot to see if it has worked thank you ahead of time if it does.

jnicholls08

jnicholls08

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
so that did get rid of my install problem now I have a dll issue... wmp encounters a problem everytime i open it and it has to close... something to do with kernel32.dll. any iodeas

Advertisement