Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cut--paste---etc

• Please log in to reply

cmomm

cmomm

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
I know I am stupid about computers but can claim senility as I have been around for 86 years----please tell me in simple terms how to do the above topics so I may follow instructions to get virus' off my computer and load the required Hihack This logs to you folks---thanks in advance

Advertisements

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Hi there cmomm,

OK, so you know about HijackThis. Are you able to produce the log?
Anyway, here's how to produce the log in case you need help with it:
1. Double click HijackThis.exe
2. Click on Main Menu then click Do a system scan and save a logfile. A notepad will open after the scan. On the notepad, right click and choose Select All. After clicking, all text will be highlighted in blue. See picture below. Posted Image
3. Right click again then select Copy. See picture below. Posted Image
4. You're ready to paste you log in the forums.

Here is how you can paste your log in the forums:
1. Go to the Malware Removal Forums and start a New Topic.

2. Right click on the big white space and select Paste. See picture below. Posted Image

3. Your log is now posted. Don't forget to add the topic title and some few words to describe your problems. Click Post New Topic afterwards.

After making your post, please be patient while waiting for an authorized Helper to assist you. Good luck! :)

cmomm

cmomm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I realize this is a few weeks late but THANK YOU for you lind help and excellent explanation for me--

cmomm

cmomm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I realize this is a few weeks late but THANK YOU for you kind help and excellent explanation for me--