Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Download Problem

• Please log in to reply

CJAX

CJAX

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello,

I play Tiger Woods 09 online (EA Sports GamerNet) and never had a problem until Friday. GamerNet has this new Version 1.10 for Tiger 09, without it I can't play online. So I tried to download the update. It downloads about 5% then it freezes & knocks me offline. I can sign on to the Playstation network with no problem, this only happens when I try to get this EA update. All my PS3 software is up to date. I downloaded that right before the EA stuff.

Something else I noticed, when the system is in download retrieval mode, an error message flashes one time real fast on my TV. It says "Unsupported Signal, check drive output". After that the update comes up and 5% of it downloads then stalls...no connection...

I've been in contact with EA about this too. They told me to delete the game files. Did that, no luck. They want me to make a new account with Playstation. I don't have another e-mail address to do that...

Hopefully you can help me figure this out.

Cheers,

CJAX~

Advertisements

CJAX

CJAX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ok, I called EA and we got it all fixed. :)

CJAX

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi CJAX,

If you wouldn't mind posting the solution you worked out, it may help other users if ever they have the same situation. :)

Cheers

Troy

CJAX

CJAX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
This came from Steve at EA Sports to fix my connection problem I was having.

On the PS3 menu to Settings- under settings open Network Settings. Go down to Media Server Connection and disable it.

After I did that I went to download the update from EA and it worked. The download takes a bit of time, it looks like it's going to stall. Be patient. :)

Hope this helps,

CJAX~