Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus A8N-SLI (socket 939)

• Please log in to reply

Mad Tommo

Mad Tommo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Help! my motherboard has decided not to post, My pc crashed while my girlfriend was on the internet now there is nothing. I turn my pc on and all i get now is a long line of beeps all the same length from the mobo that as far as i can see doesnt stop, i have stripped it down to scratch and have left only the gfx card, cpu & heatsink and 1 stick of pc3200 in slot b1 as instructed in the mainboard booklet, powered it back up and still only the same beeps. I have plugged in my headphones to listen to the AI on the board but still nothing. Would appreciate any help. :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The A8N-SLI is with an Award BIOS.

Award BIOSes usually beep for one reason only - they can't put message on the screen. On this basis its most likely your graphics card has packed up.

Mad Tommo

Mad Tommo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks mate, will try after work tomorrow. i did try an older standard pci card on the board before but nothing happened still. I must add tho that the fans all come on when i power up and the green light on the motherboard is on to say the board is on. I have taken the cmos battery out and reset it with the jumper, left it 20 mins, put the jumper back and replaced the battery, no change, thankyou again for your speedy reply mate.