Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Enter Network Password Pop-up in Outlook

• Please log in to reply

pennylbell

pennylbell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Recently, I began receiving the Enter Network Password pop-up in Outlook. Originally, I had Office 2007, but I have since gone back to 2003 to see if that would resolve the issue. I have tried multiple resolutions including:

Uninstalling 2007
Unistalling and re-installing 2003
Downloaded RegCure to try to repair/correct registries. It found 800+ registries that needed repaired
Remove and re-create email accounts
Disable Norton's

Outlook does not seem to be remembering my password, even though I have the box checked to "remember password." The email acounts are POP accounts.

I have tried everything I have found as suggestions on the internet....Please Help!!!!

Advertisement

4 Billy Bob

4 Billy Bob

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Recently, I began receiving the Enter Network Password pop-up in Outlook. Originally, I had Office 2007, but I have since gone back to 2003 to see if that would resolve the issue. I have tried multiple resolutions including:

Uninstalling 2007
Unistalling and re-installing 2003
Downloaded RegCure to try to repair/correct registries. It found 800+ registries that needed repaired
Remove and re-create email accounts
Disable Norton's

Outlook does not seem to be remembering my password, even though I have the box checked to "remember password." The email acounts are POP accounts.

I have tried everything I have found as suggestions on the internet....Please Help!!!!

I have the same problem... XP Pro Outlook 2003 and multiple e-mail accounts with different vendors. The pop up message occurs randomly over all of the accounts and can't be forced to happen so support is tough to get.

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
I used to get problems like this - one part of the solution was to access my vendors website, going to my account details and resetting the password on there.

Not sure if all vendors work the same way, in fact I don't think, they do - but it might be worth checking just to eliminate this possibility.

hup

hup

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am getting the same prompt. I assume it is caused by using webmail for the same account.
When I use MS Outlook on my desktop, the prompt "Enter Network Password" only prompts for the accounts i was reading via webmail on my laptop.

My question is: How should I close the webmail account (Telfort) properly so MS Outlook can read the emails from thsi account.

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured