Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan Virus/Fake Popups

• Please log in to reply

Dove1989

Dove1989

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,
First off, I hope this is in the right place! If not, sorry!
Anyway,
I have this Trojan Virus (or I think I do).
Every now and then, I get a fake windows security alert popup that says one of the following:

"Trojan-Spy.Win32.KeyLogger.aa"
"Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.bq"
"Trojan-Spy.HTML.Bankfraud.dq"
"Trojan-Spy.Win32.GreenScreen"

The only option available is one button leading to an antispyware site, but I closed it fearing more problems.
At first, it wouldn't let me open my task manager.

I read on one site to download this program to remove it, but i'm worried about downloading something and causing even more problems!
That site was this:
http://www.removeonl...l-instructions/
and the popup looks exactly like that, just with the different phrases I mentioned above.

I'm really worried about typing passwords incase it takes them, i'm on my boyfriends computer, please, please help - i'm so sorry if this isn't the right place.

My computer is XP.

Other than this, I don't know what to do.

I've ran AVG and Spybot - both found nothing...

Thankyou in advance :)

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Dove1989, Welcome to Geeks-To-Go. My name is GravityGripp and I'll be assisting you with your issues.

Please note that I am still in training and will be working with an expert on these issues so there may be a slight delay in my responses.

If I have not responded to you in a time period longer than 4 days, please feel free to PM me.

The first thing that I need for you to do is visit this post and follow the directions there before we can proceed. You Must Read This Before Posting

When you've obtained a HiJackThis log, please post it in a reply to this post.

Thanks and I look forward to working with you. :)