Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Is this Computer worth 1050$ ?

• Please log in to reply

Feweh

Feweh

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Sorry if this is in wrong section, wasen't sure where this type of question went.

Ok this is the direct print out from Micro Bytes so uh, i'll just write whats there.

Systen NO 5 XP 775
(3) Case Case ATX Std BLACK NOPS
(3) CPU Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 3.00g/1333/6m/s775
(3) HDDRIVE SATA2 250.0 SEAGATE 7200.10 16M ST3250410AS
(1) Warranty 3 Year Garantie
(3) Mb S775 ASUS P5Q P45 PCIE
(1) OPSYS MS-WIN XP HOME OEM EN
(3) OPT DVD+/-RW LG GH22NS30 SATA DL 22/22 OEM BLK
(3) POWER 450W POWER ATX ALPHA RAIDMAX
(3) SIMM KINGSTON KVR 800MHZ DDR2 NO-ECC 2048MB KIT
CRDVIDEO SAPPHIRE PCIE RAD HD4850 512M TVO BOX

All for 1050$ with tax included in there, i think it's pretty good my friends all said the video card kicks [bleep] considering i only want to spend near 1000$.

So does that all look good, considering i live in canada prices may vary but overall i just want to know if i could play games like Age of Conan and Crysis on decent settings...

So thanks for the input!

Edited by Feweh, 06 October 2008 - 08:09 PM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi Feweh :)

The only think I would change is the PSU (Power Supply). That 450W would be cutting it tight, and is poor quality to boot. Are you able to get them to upgrade the PSU?

Other than that, it looks like a very nice system.

Cheers

Troy

Feweh

Feweh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Probably it is coustomizable, how much more would it cost though?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
I couldn't tell you, you would need to contact those people making the quote.

If you're interested, you could probably build it yourself and save a fair bit. You'd just have to supply your "own" warranty! (That means making use of the manufacturer's warranty for each part, not that you'd go without any altogether!)

Cheers

Troy

Feweh

Feweh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Oh, what i men't was is there a upgraded version of the one they have there that you can link me to?

Or even someone link me to a recommended Watts one?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Do you mean link to an example of a better PSU you could install yourself after purchasing?

This is a great one with a good saving right now.

Troy

Feweh

Feweh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I was thinking more towards what i can tell them to put in before hand... like thats just the list of what they put in, i can ask for stuff to be changed around, i haven't ordered it yet.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Ask them for a list of PSUs from which you can choose, and the prices for this, and post it here - I'll let you know which one I'd choose.

They may not have the complete range available compared to, say, Newegg.

Troy

Feweh

Feweh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Mmm ok, what is the desired Watts i should be looking for to run the computer?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Choosing a PSU is much more than just wattage. You also need to look at the efficiency level, amps on the +12V rail(s), and other such statistics.

If you have a look here you can see the official ATI certified PSU list.

The one I posted previously is on that list. Another good one that is on the list, and reasonably priced, is the Antec True Power Trio 550W. (I personally have the 650W version, they are great products).

Troy

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Since you mentioned you're from Canada, I suggest you look at NCIX as they have far better selections and prices here in Canada however they are based in B.C. so shipping fees might be a little high (I'm assuming you're from Montreal). Is Micro Bytes an online store? or are you picking it up there?

NCIX's sale starts every Wednesday night (6pm PST) and sometimes they have some promo for *free ground shipping for entire order* on selected products (I usually see it on EVGA GTX 260 Superclocked) which would benefit you quite a bit. They also build computers for just $50 and they have great customer support. They also offer price matching on any Canadian retailer (use shopbot.ca to get prices) and they don't charge for PST.

If you are willing to get it from NCIX, please let us know and I'll try to make a component list for you.

Kamille

EDIT: Here's the NCIX site

Edited by kamille316, 07 October 2008 - 09:28 AM.

Feweh

Feweh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Since you mentioned you're from Canada, I suggest you look at NCIX as they have far better selections and prices here in Canada however they are based in B.C. so shipping fees might be a little high (I'm assuming you're from Montreal). Is Micro Bytes an online store? or are you picking it up there?

NCIX's sale starts every Wednesday night (6pm PST) and sometimes they have some promo for *free ground shipping for entire order* on selected products (I usually see it on EVGA GTX 260 Superclocked) which would benefit you quite a bit. They also build computers for just $50 and they have great customer support. They also offer price matching on any Canadian retailer (use shopbot.ca to get prices) and they don't charge for PST.

If you are willing to get it from NCIX, please let us know and I'll try to make a component list for you.

Kamille

EDIT: Here's the NCIX site

I actually thought about it but the shipping would be insane and i am in montreal, aswell my dad is abit crazy about ordering online. First he think's they'll steal you're Credit Card number then they will use faulty parts etc etc... ya i know it isn't true but try telling him that.

But anyways i think im going for the computer, but i'm going to get just a processor power thingy for more watts like Troy said.