Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Virus Response 2009

• Please log in to reply

carissa_lee

carissa_lee

• Pip
  • 5 posts
So, I'm not fully sure what a HiJackThis log is, although from first glance that looks like where I should be posting regarding Malware? If so, I'm sorry. I don't know what a HiJackThis log is or does so I just posted here again.
I swear, I've had more viruses in the last two weeks than I've had in the last 10 years of having a computer.

Anyhow... I posted here a few days ago about a virus on my coworkers computer (AntiVirus 2009). I cleared that one up, thanks to whoever responded to my post. Was hoping for a little more help. I've searched google, but the few things I've tried did not get rid of it, including this:

This virus is called Virus Response 2009... it resembles the AntiVirus XP 2008 and the AntiVirus 2009 that I've dealt with recently. Although I don't know how to remove this one, I use the MalwareBytes software and it doesn't recognize it. The software shown in the link above (SpyHunter, I believe it's called) says I have to purchase the software to use the 'remove' features, and I was hoping for a free way of removing this virus.

When it pops up and tells me to download the software to scan my computer, it takes me to virusresponse2009.com (not sure if that'll help out, or not).
If you need anything else, please let me know. I tried searching this site to see if this had been mentioned before but I didn't see anything.

Thanks again for all the help!!

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

sscomput

sscomput

• Pip
  • 1 posts
removed malware advice