Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Controller

• Please log in to reply

pcnoobie

pcnoobie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys.

If I've posted this into the wrong section of the forum I appologise in advance.

The problem is I run a few cleaners yesterday, rebooted, then I recieved a message saying 'found new hardware'' and I had to click a few options to install, the installation failed. Apparently my Video Controller has been uninstalled. I've tried device manager to update and even reinstall it, but all have failed. I also tried a system restore, but again it failed.

If someone could help me here, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm not that clued up with Pc's, so please can you explain it so I can understand.

Many many thanks.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there, and welcome.

Caution is needed when running "cleaners", especially registry cleaners - they are not something we recommend here at Geeks to Go, for this very reason!

The only cleaner I now recommend is ATF Cleaner, you can download it from the Downloads section.

Obviously our next step is to find out what video controller your system has, and then reinstall the proper drivers for it.

Do you know what video card your system has?

Troy