Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Canoscan D1250U2 won't scan

• Please log in to reply

venkdaddy

venkdaddy

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have an old Canoscan D1250U2 flatbed scanner that is having issues. When I try to either preview or do a full scan, the scanner head thing moves maybe half an inch and then returns to its original position, and the software gives an error message (Could not complete because process was canceled, for Windows Scan Wizard.)

I'm trying to use this scanner on a computer it hasn't been used with before. (It worked fine the last time I tried it on the old computer a few months ago.) I don't have the original driver CD that came with the scanner, but I got a WIA/TWAIN driver from Canon's website, along with ScanGear Toolbox 3.11. I'm running Windows XP SP3, and the computer seems to recognize the scanner with no problem. The imaging software I've tried (Irfanview, PS Elements 5) recognizes the driver and lets me select it. Basically, everything seems to be fine right up until I try to start scanning, and the scanner itself hiccups, or whatever. Could this be a software problem, or a fixable hardware problem, or do I just need a new scanner?

Thanks,
-john

Advertisements