Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Vundo trojan on steriods need elp

• Please log in to reply

Sberry

Sberry

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi i dont no to much about my computer but i do no a good amount with windows forget my spelling two. i am trying to get some help because like a stupid idot i forgot to back up my music and files. i have over 4 years of data and i cannot afford to lose it. i was gonna take my harddrive into another computer but the only other computers i have are laptops. OK now here is my problem. ive done some research and ive found that i have the vundo trojan on my desktop and its really a pain, i can boot my computer and log in ...everthings find ....as soon as i hit a program the icons and toolbar dissaper. then come back then dissaper. so ive tried some things that people have said online like opening the task manager and opening IE threw that but one problem ,,,, no task box will apper ...so then i tried to due a system restore... i make it all the way to the screen after slecting the date that says "please save all files and close programs " well when i hit next button nothing happens ...none other programs work other than aim and itunes ...so after that i tried to boot my computer in safe mode, either i get a screen with a bunch of numbers and words (looks like a load sequance) or a blue screen that says video driver not intialized. i was just wondering if there is any way that i can fix this with out paying for software or trashing my computer ...also if i do put the infected HD in another desktop will it infect that one as well?

thanks for all the help
sean

Advertisements

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Head to the malware section of these forums http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

Read on how to post a log etc... This is where your support will begin.

Good luck.