Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless networking help

• Please log in to reply

RamzaRuglia

RamzaRuglia

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Ok so I have the wireless router set up and the comp that is wired to it works. My other comp I added a wireless card, the problem im having is that the program for the card isnt working right. It comes up with a screen that says has the choice to refresh, connect, exit, or manual setup. But the only thing that does anyhting is exit none of the other buttons work. It was working right for a bit but wasnt finding anything. The card is a linksys model wmp54g. Any ideas whats wrong with it?

Btw when I put it in the back of my computer it didnt exactly fit perfectly, i had to remove part of it, the metal thing that sticks out, was that a bad thing to do?

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

i had to remove part of it, the metal thing that sticks out,

exactly what part did you remove and how did you remove it...