Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't start in SAFE, Can't run HijackThis

• Please log in to reply

jaybird2569

jaybird2569

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I'm working on a computer for a friend of mine, Dell Lattitude d610 WinXP, had the System Antivirus 2008 bug. After boot, you could not do most tasks. Could not Add/Remove Programs, can't run Malwarebytes' Anti-Maleware, I can't restart in Safe Mode, it hangs up the goes to blue screen. I can't get Windows Explorer to view My Computer. I can't use the USB ports to install new anti virus programs or move files off the computer. I've installed another copy of WinXP so I can boot the computer in that copy, I can navigate through windows explorer to copy and move files. I downloaded a copy of the updated HijackThis and put it on the computer but it hangs up the the computer goes to blue screen. Any help would be appreciated. I tried to post the only HijackThis log I could get but it was from an outdated version. If you need it, I have it.
Thanks,
Jay

Advertisements

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Head to the malware section of these forums. You'll need to go there eventually anyways.

jaybird2569

jaybird2569

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Okay,
Thank you.

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
I've replied to his HJT topic: http://www.geekstogo...is-t214065.html, this can be closed.

- Dave