Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

uninstalling MS Works 7.0

• Please log in to reply

Gina0620

Gina0620

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okkkk - I am a medical transcriptionist. I am trying to start a new job using a platform called Escription. However, Escription is NOT compatible with MS Works period. I need to uninstall this program completely from my computer. I did manage to uninstall the program and it does not show at all in the add/remove section of control panel. There is no icon on my desktop. However, when I try to install Escription, I get an error message that says "Windows installer has detected Microsoft Works on your computer. Escription will not function properly." Now - I thought I uninstalled it, so what is the problem? I have to get this resolved. I have run the Windows Installer Clean Up, I've rebooted, I even removed Open Office. Could this be some kind of firewall blocking the installation of Escription? Please help.... :)

Advertisements