Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Dialer Contacts Migration

• Please log in to reply

Ken Gash

Ken Gash

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I use the Windows Dialer (dialer.exe) to keep lots of phone numbers and to dial out when I want to call.
There are probably fancier phone dialers available, but I find this one totally adequate for my needs.
The problem is that I cannot find where it stores the data on the contacts I have entered. I just had to
reinstall windows which meant that I had to retype in all of the contact information rather than reload it
from a backup made before I formatted my disk.
This is not a major issue. I just want to see if anyone has any information about this.
Thanks,
Ken Gash

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I am not familiar with this program but I am quite sure that it must have an export/import function to enable backup and restore of data. Look under Files or Tools. Export your data to a file and keep it for future use. When you need it, just import it back.