Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluescreen codes

• Please log in to reply

Jsnowman111

Jsnowman111

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hey guys I just registered in light of my current of problems. The other day I came home from work and my of had rebooted due to a bluescreen. It wouldn't let me start in recovery mode or repair the file that was "Missing". So I bought a new hd. Went to load windows had to force load it cus the file hal.dll couldn't load. Once it went to initialize windows it bluescreened throwing me a mem code. I removed a Stick of ram which I suspected to be bad and rebooted. Now it's throwing me the current code: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x808825a1, 0xf7c72280, 0xf7c71f7c)
Any help would be appreciated. Sorry about any typos I'm on my iPhone which isn't the easiest thing to type on.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
welcome to G2G Jsnowman111.... :)
whats the make and model of your system...

Edited by happyrock, 17 October 2008 - 06:44 AM.

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Hi there Jsnowman111, welcome to Geeks To Go

For your information,

0X7E SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with a exception code of 0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION indicates a memory access violation occurred.

The above BSOD occured when there is hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system device.

Since you mentioned that you have load a new window on a new harddisk, with the removal of a RAM that is believed to be bad, i would exclude hardware incompatibility to as the cause of your BSOD.
You have mentioned that you have to force load on hal.dll as it could not load. The question here would be does the file load/installed correctly?

Please try to boot your system in Safe Mode and see if the same issue appear.
I would be pleasure if you manage to boot your system either in Safe Mode or Normal Mode and upload your minidump file here for me to analyze.
The default location for the minidump file would be C:\Windows\Minidump or C:\Minidump. Zipped the whole folder and upload it here so that i can debug and let you know what actually has caused your system to crashed.

Thanks.

P/S: Sorry for my bad English.

Regards

Edited by sUBtech, 17 October 2008 - 11:18 AM.

Jsnowman111

Jsnowman111

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
well i haven't actually finished loading windows on the new hard drive yet. So i'm assuming that starting in safe mode won't work since that is a windows driven program.
The computer was home built.
the specs are
Biostar TA770 A2+ mom board
amd phenom 64 quad core processor
g-force 8600 gts vide card
2 1 gig sticks of ram (one of which was bad)
and a seagate 500 gig hd.

I've done some research and i think that the cheapest alternative is to either run a mem test which will analyse the memory or just buy 2 new sticks. Since one of my sticks is bad and it's too slow with only 1 gig i' think i'm going to just buy two new stics of ram and see what happens.