Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BOO!

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok so Halloween is rapidly approaching so all the ghoulie things are showing up...especially the creepy movies on TV.

This weekend i watched "The Blair Witch Project" on TV for the first time since i saw the movie in the theater....yes i know it's fake...yes i know it's not that great of a movie...but it creeped the skin right off me when i saw it the first time...maybe it's my over active imagination or maybe it's the fact that i've got a marginal belief in the idea that "anything is possible" (probably also had something to do with me coming home from the theater at something like 2 A.M. and walking out of my bathroom into the darkest hallway you'll ever walk into and seeing one of my cats standing in the corner staring at the wall for no reason like the sound guy was doing at the end of the movie)...anywho....it still creeped me out now (9 years later and STILL knowing it's fake and STILL knowing it's a bad movie)...

another movie i can't watch is "critters".....just because of the sound they make before they shoot their spikes out....i hear that sound and i've got to change the channel

so what movies creep the bajeezus out of you?

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I absolutely LOVE Blair Witch. Being Wiccan, I of course believe in the "Supernatural". Do I believe that movie itself was real? No. However... yeah. I do believe in many things like that.

I love scary movies. There have only been two that have ever freaked me out. Children of the Corn and Pet Cemetery. *shudder*

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
:)

I can't stand scary movies, you won't ever finding me watching them.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Salems lot is my scary movie.
On nov 24, 1979 the second half of salems lot was brodcast. That is the night the police knocked on our door to tell us my brother had been killed in a car accident.
Saw 4 is the grossest scary movie.

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
I have gotten a couple movies that scared the heck outta me the first run:

1. SNAKES ON A PLANE: (Samuel L. Jackson) This movie is one that I've wanted to see for a while now, however, I only got to see HALF of it the first time I saw it. I bought the movie on DVD for like $7.00 at FYE, then watched it. The thing that scared the heck outta me was that the SNAKES could "see" your movement, and could sneak up on you. The first time I saw this movie, and saw the snakes attack, I literally JUMPED out of the chair - If I had NOT had my seatbelt on, I would have fallen out of the chair.

2. SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE MOVIES: Seeing these for the first time made me shudder a bit and that is because of the guy that is killing girls in the movie - the sounds in this movie freaked me out: other than that, it was a pretty mainstream movie for the halloween crowd.

Brian

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
None of those movies tend to creep me out royally. A true scary one is Barney's Great Adventure. That is almost positively going to freak you out of your socks.

PS. Haha.. the Saw series is great. HORROR MOVIES RULE!

SusieDent

SusieDent

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I like scary movies, haha

normonster

normonster

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Alien. The first one only. When it came out (1978?) my roomate in college needed the room for a date so he gave me a ticket and a couple of killer joints. I smoked them both and walked in by myself thinking I was going to see a cute sci-fi flick. I was awake for the next two years with all the lights on. At least Jonesy lived.
Norm

Liveformusic

Liveformusic

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Oh god Brian, snakes of a plane ... hehe

I absolutely love scary movies :)

Granz00

Granz00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
There are two movies that I can think of that creeped me out a lot when I was younger. The first was Poltergeist (1982). The other one was The Exorcist (1973). Nothing has gotten under my skin more then those two movies did.

There is one other movie that technically did get under my skin as much, but more in a phobia way rather than just plain fear. It is Arachnophobia (1990). Anytime I see anything dealing with spiders, I can't go to sleep without checking my sheets for spiders... In fact, that might not be the worst thing since I've actually seen a Black Widow in our doorway before... Wow, now I'm shivering from the creeps...

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

It is Arachnophobia (1990). Anytime I see anything dealing with spiders, I can't go to sleep without checking my sheets for spiders... In fact, that might not be the worst thing since I've actually seen a Black Widow in our doorway before... Wow, now I'm shivering from the creeps...

When I was in the desert a few years ago I woke up and there was a camel spider on my chest looking me dead in my face…. Talk about scared of a spider, I all most had a heart attack.

Here is a picture I found so you can see what they look like….

Posted Image

It’s not me in the picture I found it online :)

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
I don't know if this counts as a scary movie, but if you like movies about BUGS:

Bug Buster is a pretty good one :) It was my first DVD I bought when I got my DVD Player in like 1998-1999.

Brian

Dyamond

Dyamond

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

When I was in the desert a few years ago I woke up and there was a camel spider on my chest looking me dead in my face…. Talk about scared of a spider, I all most had a heart attack.

:) I would have died! thats scary looking!

and ugh.. I hate being scared. When I was younger I watched all the scary movies, now just a scary commercial has me runnin for the hills :)

The two movies that were the scariest (still) to me are Steven King's IT (trust me I stayed away from sewer drains for a LONG time lol) and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.. *shudder*

Granz00

Granz00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
If you want to get technical, a camel spider is not actually a spider. I think its part of the same familia (or whatever level it is supposed to be) as spiders. If you look, you can see a total of 10 legs on one of them, and a spider only has 8. To me, the scary ones are the ones you won't see coming most of the time... Like a brown recluse hiding under your blanket...

P.S. Here is a mythbuster about brown recluses. They are not always deadly. In fact, some people may have a strong reaction to them, which can lead to death, while others may have a little to no reaction from a bite.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
they're solpugids!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solpugid
http://animals.natio...t-solpugid.html