Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible to fix monitor?

• Please log in to reply

AusZero2007

AusZero2007

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have a monitor that doesn't work, and I was wondering if it can be fixed. When I turn on the monitor (and the computer), it flickers and makes a weird noise, then it goes blank. The green light stays on, but it is still blank. If I turn it off and back on, it works for a few seconds then goes blank. I've tested it on two other computers, but it still doesn't work.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
probably not. you can check around to see if anyone works on stuff like that.... personally I would not recommend working on a monitor unless you really know what you are doing as they can be quite dangerous even deadly.... Now I'm talking about an old style CRT not an LCD...LCD's can sometimes be fixed but if it is the actual panel they are not worth it...

AusZero2007

AusZero2007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
The monitor is working again today, but it will probably stop working later. If it doesn't work, I'll just buy a new one.