Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is this the right place for a Smartphone question?

• Please log in to reply

idrawstuff

idrawstuff

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hi!

I'm spending more and more time on the road for work, and I'm finding myself in need of regular access to both the saved emails in my Outlook .PST files, and to my Contacts/Notes in Act! by Sage Premium 2008; I'm leaning towards a Palm Centro because the Palm OS is a native environment for sync'ing to Act! - but honestly, I don't know what to look for.

I really don't care about the asthetics of the phone or the aging OS... as long as I can make phone calls, check my emails, and lookup the notes on my Act! contacts I'm good. Has anyone operated one of the phones for similar tasks?

Thanks!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i've never used palm phones...but i can tell you with relative certainty that there are no phones that will access PST files stored on your computer for the mail....they all connect in to your inbox in one way or another... usually either by a direct connection to the mail server (pop, SMTP, etc...) or by loading a "push" package on a desktop that's running a mail client (like outlook)....since a separate PST (that isn't your inbox) is segregated from either of these systems the phone won't see the mail contained in them.

there are ways to get around this limitation but not that many that i can think of that a phone (even a really smart one) could handle