Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

AIM freezes on startup

• Please log in to reply

Sam White

Sam White

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This only seemed to happen after installing the update for AIM 6. When i start AIM 6, sometimes it freezes. I can sign on ok but after it connects, transfers, starts, etc., the buddy list freezes and displays a blank white box where normally my buddies would be listed. I can only shut AIM down using task manager, and even after i do that i start AIm again and it asks me to disable plugins. I have np plugins installed, since i uninstalled them after the first time AIM gave me trouble with them. Nevertheless, I have tried stariting AIM with the option checked with no luck. The problem is ongoing and will not fix itself. I have tried restarting my computer, re-installing, etc. and nothing has wokred