Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limited Connection

• Please log in to reply

Trusoldier626

Trusoldier626

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Sorry for my grammer.. Ok I am on a linksys wireless router and everything was fine until i tried to setup a new sharded comp. Now i tried to setup a new connection on my computer. And now the ip is set to the static like its not picking up the router. I have had this problem before but cant remember how i fixed it. this are the steps i have done so far....

I have done ipconfig release/renew
i have tried to set it manually it then says connected but i cannot ping anything not even the router.
I have tried the winsock and netsh resets.
the device man is fine and i am useing a New USB wireless network adapter berskl or something like that

Everything was fine tell i hit the create new connection now it dosent show im connected to a gateway..

Anyone have an idea for me so far all i can tell is that i erased what i had done before and now cant restore to that point. I am about to just say forget it and put my foot through the comp.

So any help would be nice and my comp and I would thank you!!!

Advertisements