Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

pc wont boot

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, i have read a similar post on another site about the question i have, but that doesnt help me, i have a Intel D946GZIS mobo, 2gb pc2 5300 ddr2 (667 mhz effective) so that would be 333 mhz ddr, now heres my problem i got confused in my bios thinking changing my ram memory from 577 to 667 ddr effective would run my system at maximum speed after saving and rebooting i realized my pc wont boot (not even to bios) so now that my machine is stuck on 667 manually and can't get it back to auto i know my mobo is 1033 mhz MAX fsb and if it's set to 667 ddr (would be 1333 ddr2) and my mobo doesnt support the 1333 fsb, anyways i have seasrched on the internet for help all night and still can't find any posts that help, most people are saying to use the bios jumpers to reset my cmos although this does absolutly nuthing i tried recovery and configure jumper settings NOTHING, i have tried removing my cmos battery anywhere from 5 seconds to 5 hours the pc will spin the fans in my computer for a brief second before it turns on so it seems like it has done something but i still don't see anything on my monitor, i have removed the ram to listen for the 3 beeps and i can confirm my mobo is fine, if anyone has any suggestions or needs more system info i would really appreciate it, thanks

Edited by amby, 09 October 2008 - 07:04 PM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
When you took the cmos battery out did you disconnect the power cable of the computer? If you didn't, you will never reset the BIOS.