Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Read: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
:) @ essexboy - I actually almost typed peasants because I thought it would be funny, but then everyone would have said "sari made a typo, sari made a typo", so I didn't.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

*sari wonders how the poor pheasants fared at the hands of admin after that stressful experience.

The birds fared too well. I told my friends that's a good thing our families didn't depend on us hunting for our food, or they'd go hungry. The weather was drizzle, then rain, and cold. Definitely in the birds favor.

Is that pheasants or Peasants ?

Mostly definitely pheasants! :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
So you're only successful at finding pheasants on the internet?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Good Burn!!!!!!! :)

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Not to take this totally off-topic, but put it this way. Last year we had our limit by 10:30am, and then a long day in the bar. This year, I had my first and only shot, and got my first bird an hour before sunset.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Good to see everything is up and running. I posted just prior to the site going down and lost a few posts, wasn't sure what had happened. Now I have an explanation to solve that little puzzle :)

If you guys are looking at some alternative places to store back-ups of the site for additional data redundancy, I'll be making a server some time during the Holiday season that should be up and running 24/7 with remote access to the files, it'll be a RAID5 array with hardware RAID (it'll likely be 3WARE 9690SA-8I-SGL), opposed to software RAID, I'm not cheaping out :) . Assuming a backup for the site wouldn't require much more then 40GB of space, I be glade to give you guys a hand (I'm not sure how large the site has grown, it may be larger then that now.... wouldn't really be surprised). Send a PM my way if you are interested.
James

Edit: Yeah, based on another thread, I can tell this site has outgrown 40GB. I'm not surprised :)

Edited by james_8970, 13 October 2008 - 04:57 PM.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
I'm not sure about email notifications, as I don't use them, but none of the topics I reply to of late are being put in My Subscriptions.

EDIT: Upon posting in this topic, it was added to My Subscriptions... However, a few posts I made several hours ago were definitely not added. EDIT 2: Upon making another post in another topic, that topic was added to My Subscriptions. So I guess this has been taken care of and you can ignore this.

Edited by stettybet0, 13 October 2008 - 02:44 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I'm not getting any e-mails.... Anyone have any ideas?
James

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
If you are using a gmail or g2g address, there are problems. Try changing your email address in your profile to another one, that may do it. It is being looked into though, and will hopefully be resolved within the next few days.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Well that e-mail just went through. It seems to problem fixed itself, gotta love it when that happens.
Thanks for the advice though. :)
James

Advertisements

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
What domain are you using for your email? Is it either g2g or gmail? I think that admin is busy getting it fixed as we speak.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
No, I'm using hotmail.
James

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
:)

I got an e-mail notification!!!!

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
I have changed my email back to my g2g address, will let you know if I start getting notifications back here. Fingers crossed!

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I am getting e-mail notifications as well :)
*Artellos uses gmail.

Regards,
Olrik