Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need help finding a file that has a large amount of data in it

• Please log in to reply

theusedrules

theusedrules

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i recently checked my c drive and found that i only have 204 mbs left of memory which is bizarre, and i think its from burning dvds, i didnt know but the dvd's must be saving on my computer somewhere, i have run search many times with no avail and when i go to burn a dvd this message comes up "there is not enough space available for the recording process: There are 204 MB available for temporary files in the folder 'C:\DOCUME~1\Kyle.SUE\LOCALS~1\Temp', but the recording process will need approximately 4568 MB." I obviously need to find that file but i cant, and its not coming up anywhere, i even tried just searching every file in the C drive but it didnt come up, please help me

Advertisements

SUPERIOR

SUPERIOR

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
hi theusedrules and most welcome
first, I want to know what the application you used to burn DVD ???
also, I can suggest many application and tools that figure out where your memory spent one and best is (Tuneup utilities 2008)
one more question, did you activate "showing hidden files" in folder options before searching ???

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Welcome theusedrules to geeks to go.

Could you report to us the size of your hard drive, and what your free space is.
In your post, the message is referring to the amount of free space for temporary files.

When was the last time you cleaned out the computer of all the temp files, cookies, etc? Use CCleaner (in signature) to do that.

How much memory (ram) do you have?