Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Login-Logoff immediately

• Please log in to reply

Orannis

Orannis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, so I have read through some other threads on this board about the malware that changes userinit.exe or wsupdater.exe or something similar to cause the user to get logged off back to the login screen after briefly seeing their desktop picture.

I tried the steps to repair it which was
-Enter repair mode
-copy userinit.exe to wsaupdater.exe in the "C:\Windows\system32\" directory
-exit and reboot

At this point I realise this might not be the problem even though the symptoms are similar because I get logged off again (however, i get to see the desktop picture for a slightly longer period of time i.e. 5-10 seconds). OR the malware overwrote the userinit.exe file with the wsupdater.exe?

-login and change the reg key back to userinit.exe since the malware changes it to wsupdater.exe

This one has got be buggered :)
Any ideas?

Advertisements