Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Card Gone Crazy

• Please log in to reply

Gwalchgwyn

Gwalchgwyn

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have the nVidia GeForce 7600 GS graphics card, and had it for about a year now and with no problems, but recently it started buzzing so i assumed there would be dirt in it, so i took out the card and fan and cleared up any visible dirt. I plugged the card back in and it was perfectly quiet for about 2 days, when it started buzzing again, so i removed it again about checked for dust of which i found none, except around the axis on which the fan spins which had black gungey stuff around it, so i wiped that up and it was quiet again for a day or two, when it started buzzing again :/ So i removed it once more and saw that their were clumps of dirt sandwiched in between the motherboard type thing on which the fan runs and the unmoveable plastic casing in which it is in. Theres a small 1mm gap between this in which i managed to sqeeze a flat electronics screwdriver in and picked the muck out. After doing this the graphics card sounded more worse than ever! It buzzing like crazy for a while, then goes perfectly silent before the buzzing slowly creeps back and it starts all over again >.< I asked a mate online whos a computer tech expert and he said it could be that the fan it running too fast which is wh its buzzing. He said i could use smartfan or rivatuner to slow it down, but i don't have a clue how to use them :S Any tips?

Advertisements