i have contracted win32.netbooster over the weekend, seem to have picked it up through a peer to peer download, video which required a codec to download.
symptoms of my computer are as follows.
- i have several error messages which say i have this thing on my machine and i should click here to download cleaners and fixers for this. i get error messages saying i have this virus and to click here to download fixes, i switch of my modem and i get offline internet messages.
- i now have three icons on my dekstop which i have never seen before, malware cleaner, pc cleaner and another about system fixer.
- when i boot my computer normally it takes hours to get to the deskop. when booting normally i cant do anything with it, cant access task manager, my computer or any programs. the speed of the machine doesnt allow me to do any work as it eventually freezes up.
- i cant start the machine i safe mode using the f8 mode. it just keeps rebooting itself.
- i can put in a windows xp disc and get to a c:\ using the recovery method but cant seem to do anything.
- i have tried to open msconfig and change the boot mode to safe mode, but as above it just keeps freezing up.
i no what i need to do, get computer running in safe mode and then use my anti virus to fix it. i have CA Internet suite which includes anti virus and spyware etc etc etc.
i have thought about reinstalling windows into a different folder and seeing if that version would start the machine in sage mode. i am currently running xp pro sp3, but the disk i have is for same but sp2.
any ideas ?? any help would be appreciated !!!!