Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop icons

• Please log in to reply

Biker1

Biker1

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,
This is a relatively insignificant problem, but one that I would like to solve. I changed desktop scenes from Autumn to one that I downloaded. Now the background of each icon is of a color of my selection, but previously the icon text simply appeared over Autumn without any background showing. How do I remove the background color. Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Give this a shot.

Windows XP

* Open System Properties in Control Panel, choose the Advanced tab, and click Settings in the Performance section. Turn on the Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop option, and click Ok.
* You can also try MicroAngelo (v5.5 or later), which allows you to change the text color, configure custom icons, and change other aspects of Windows.
* Another utility of this type is WindowFX.

Windows 2000

* Obtain and install the Transparent utility.
* You can also try the "On Display" feature of MicroAngelo for lots of extra features.

Windows 95, 98, Me

* Obtain and install the Disappear utility (4 kb). You'll need VB40032.DLL (381 kb) if you don't already have it.
* You can also try the "On Display" feature of MicroAngelo for lots of extra features.

Go here for the files listed in the Win 2000, Win 95,98, Me
http://www.annoyance...w/article02-137

Edited by AitrusSkyy, 13 October 2008 - 06:55 AM.

Biker1

Biker1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks. Saw that one somewhere and went the Control-Panel route but nothing changed.