Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unbeatable BSoD?

• Please log in to reply

Syo

Syo

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Ok Basically as the Topic says. Everything I try to do results in this error!

The last thing I did was install a program from a cd that allows me to put files on my phone. After I ran and completed the setup then shutdown my computer.

Then it begins...

When I start my computer normally, I get a BSoD that says "Registry_Error". The problem is that I cant get into Safe Mode and "Last Known Good Config"

I tried using a Windows CD to Repair the installation but that leads to the BSoD as well.

I even tried Reinstalling but as soon as I hit the F8 key in the EULA, The BSoD comes up that next instant.

In other words, Everything that I do results in the same Stop Error so Im pretty stumped!

Help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Post full error message.

Syo

Syo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Deleted

Edited by Syo, 13 October 2008 - 01:40 PM.

Syo

Syo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Deleted

Syo

Syo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Deleted

Syo

Syo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Registry_Error

Then it says the usually about checking any newly installed hardware. I never installed hardware so that cant be it.

Technical information

*** STOP: 0x00000051 (0x00000003, 0x00000003, 0x00000000, 0xXXXXXXXX)

The last parameter is always different

Im REALLY sorry for posting four times! internet does that

Edited by Syo, 13 October 2008 - 08:22 AM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
System Restore from the Recovery Console. {adapted from Geeks to Go. Original source unknown to me}. Xp installation CD required. Boot with the CD and when given the option choose to repair the computer by pressing "R", opening the Recovery Console. Type 1 when asked for OS installation (assuming there is only one OS installed). Type the administrator password when asked to do so and press Enter. Press Enter if there is no password.

* At the prompt Type: CD \
* Press Enter
* Type: cd system~1\_resto~1
* Press Enter
* Type: dir
* Press Enter

After you press enter you will see a list of folders (like rp1, rp2) If the list of restore points has more than one page then press the Enter key untill you reach the end of the list

* Type: cd rp {number of the second to last folder in the list). Example: cd rp9, if rp9 is the second to the last restore point where the last restore point no. is 10
* Press Enter
* Type: cd snapshot
* Press Enter
* Type: copy _registry_machine_system c:\windows\system32\config\system
* Press Enter
* Type: copy _registry_machine_software c:\windows\system32\config\software
* Press Enter
* Type: Exit
* Press Enter

Your PC will reboot.

If you get an access denied error when doing the above, then do the following at the recovery console:

* Type: CD \
* Press Enter
* Type: cd windows\system32\config
* Press Enter
* Type: ren system system.bak
* Press Enter
* Type: Exit
* Press Enter

Your PC should reboot

If you still cannot get access in anyway to your installation in the recovery console then your SAM database files are corrupt. There is no way you can restore these with the recovery console. You may need to do a fresh install.

Syo

Syo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thats just it! When I try to do a repair and I select "1" for my OS, the BSoD comes up.

I can backup the Files by putting my harddrive in another computer as a Slave Drive but...

...Is it even possible to reinstall if I cant delete the Partition with the Winxp CD?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Sometimes the only way is to format the disk on another computer and then move it back to the original computer and install XP. I have seen that a number of times.

After placing the disk as slave backup the data and then right-click it's icon in My Computer and choose Format. When finished, move it back and install XP.

Syo

Syo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
All right I'll give that a try. I'll let you know how it turns out

Syo

Syo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Yes! The operation was a success! Thank you Skeptic for help! I truly appreciate it! :)

I guess I stand corrected about the BSoD being "Unbeatable" :)

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Thanks for letting us know.