Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Help Please

• Please log in to reply

and_hobbes

and_hobbes

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just got a new monitor from a guy in "mint" condition, and I think I may have just been screwed...
It's an Acer 20" widescreen LCD 1680x1050 resolution
The monitor stays on and fine during boot up, but once Windows loads the monitor will stay on for a few seconds, then flick off. If I turn off the monitor and turn it back on, it'll stay on for a few seconds and shut off again...
Is it fixable? Did I get hosed? Please help.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
When it goes "off" does the power light turn off as well or does it stay on? If it stays on you could shine a flashlight on the dark screen and see if you see anything.... if you do it is either the backlight or the invertor board is probably the problem... invertors aren't to tough to replace usually, IF you can find them and run around $80 or so ( last time I checked anyway )

and_hobbes

and_hobbes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The power light goes yellow...that means off I think?

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
yellow usually means it isn't recieving a signal or it is in some type of sleep mode...you could try the flashlight but I'm affraid you may have a dying monitor....