Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

can't restore backded up files.

• Please log in to reply

mr_man

mr_man

• Pip
  • 2 posts
a Microsoft Windows Vista Escalation Support Professional told me to reinstall my windows vista because i had some conflicts with some programs. Weird all was fine until I tries to download Windows Mobile Center. It would not install and the automatic updates tried like 30 times and fail every time. So the Microsoft Windows Vista Escalation Support Professional wanted copies of C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.app.log and
C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log. sent them to him and thats why he wanted me to reinstall windows from my disk, but he warned first to backup my files. so i backed them up to another hard drive i have on my computer and reinstalled windows. So there is nothing on my new windows, but the window mobile worked. Then I go to restore my backed up files and it says there are no backed up files. But i can go to the other hard drive and everything is there compressed in files named backed up files. So i try and unzip one or two hoping that the programs will when put back into their place they would work. Nope it did not work there are no installations or .exe files in with them

Edited by mr_man, 13 October 2008 - 12:22 PM.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Here's a tutorial, but I don't know if this will help or not
http://www.vistax64....ckup-files.html

mr_man

mr_man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Here's a tutorial, but I don't know if this will help or not
http://www.vistax64....ckup-files.html

Thanks I got it to restore, but the next problem is that i can not find the files that it restored. I checked the box that said restore in original place and nothing is were it was. any ideas?