Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Drivers Wont Load

• Please log in to reply

jasondraime

jasondraime

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I'm running Vista Ultimate 64bit (unfortunately its an upgrade not a clean install) but everything was working perfectly fine. I installed my mobo drivers and applications and updated Windows. Then I installed the drivers for my video card (VisionTek HD3870) and when I restarted the video drivers wouldnt load. I narrowed it down to my video drivers because it will boot into safe mode every time with no problem and if I uninstall the drivers then I can boot into normal windows. On visiontek's website the driver they offer is Catalyst Control Center 8.6. That didnt work. I went through AMD's website and they provide Catalyst Control Center 8.9. That didnt work either. They also offer just the card driver and leave out CCC but again I had no luck. I could really use some help here. Thanks!

Specs:
MSI Platinum P45 Hardcore Edition
8GB G Skill DDR2 PC6400 800Mhz
VisionTek HD3870 512mb DDR4
Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz (OC'd 2.8)
Thermaltake 550w Modular Cabling PSU
Thermaltake V1
Western Digital 200GB SATA II
Raidmax Smilodon Case

Edited by jasondraime, 13 October 2008 - 04:38 PM.

Advertisements