Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help with with my laptop please!

• Please log in to reply

samram40

samram40

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
i was hoping someone could help me out with a couple of problems im having. i have posted in the malware forum and my log is now clean.

problem #1: im currently connected via ethernet cable but want to connect wireless... i have a wireless card and its worked before but for some reason is says "acquiring network connect" and never connects.... my roomates have macs and the wireless works fine for them.

Problem #2: with the internet i do have for some reason after about 10-15 minutes after boot the browsers stop working but AIM still works. this didnt happen on my desktop but is doing it ever since i connected to the laptop... if i reboot it works again for about 15 then stops

Problem #3: the cursor seems to jump around and makes it hard to type.... this may just be me being bad with laptops but im not really sure

I have a compaq presario laptop

help would be great

thanks, sam

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
1 & 2 sound like they're related to your wireless. Have you checked Compaq's website for an updated wireless driver?