Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just Reformatted Windows XP, but Need Help Installing Drivers

• Please log in to reply

gpsugy

gpsugy

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Hello. My name is Daniel. Just recently, I reformatted my laptop successfully. However, I noticed that many things are missing in it. After searching on the internet about this, I would think it would be the drivers. I would like to access the internet with its built-in wifi, but I cannot because I do not even have the wireless connections driver. How can I install all of the laptop's drivers (or at least the wireless connections driver to download the rest online) without a drivers CD and without access to the internet using the laptop itself? Here is some specific info of the laptop:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP3 32-bit
Dell Vostro 1400
IntelCore Duo CPU

Please help me to the best of your knowledge. Thank you for your time.

Note: I am currently using a desktop computer to type this entry.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
use the desktop to go to the laptop manufactures website...download ALL the drivers for the make and model of your laptop...copy the drivers to a usb flash drive or burn them to a cd...use the cd or flash drive to install the drivers on your laptop