Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovery Process

• Please log in to reply

Fredypublic

Fredypublic

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi everybody.....!

I need your help guys... please....

I have an ACER Aspire T135, suddenly it did not reboot at all.... the best and easiest option was "Recovery"....I have the CD's and I had done it before -like 3 months ago- However, I started the recovery process and the computer read the 1st CD (out of 4), then ask for the second I put it in and clicked OK, the CD stays in for 10 sec and gets out, asking again to put the second Cd, the CD seems to be fine, no scratches, I made a copy of it and did not work. Trying to find a solution I formatted the HD, it did not work. I tried to install Win XP using a OEM CD of Win XP from a Dell Computer, I could install it but it did not go beyond the activation process -however, that tells me the memory is ok- I checked the surface of the HD...no errors!. I called ACER IT Suport, they said "Memory is the Problem" I told them what had Happened with the installation and the disregard that, then they say CD's, However I have to pay for everything, either work or not.

Has anybody had this problem, please.... I need help, I'm getting to the point where I don't know what to do.....

I'm very greatful to you guys for your help....

Thanks again

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I too would guess it's a bad RAM (or memory) issue. Try a utility like memtest86 to test.