Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

logitech webcam freezing on windows live messenger!

• Please log in to reply

kyan

kyan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello guys im really desperate and i need help.

well

i have and amd athlon 64 3000+
ram 512

i have recenlty formated my pc with xp sp3

i have a wireless tiscali bb

my problem is that when i want to use my logitech cam ( bought a new one the deluxe model) on w l messenger it connects after 'hours; and freezing or i doesnt connects at all. also the same problem happens if im being invited to see someoneothers cam. it takes long time to connect and it is freezing.

i recenlty updated my bios and also i have no viruses.

so what is the problem.?/? one point that i have to refer is that i dont have a graphics card !i only have and embedded one (on board) my pc is xpc (barebone) sk83g

so might be the problem the cg??

also im thinking about the ports on my router but i havent faced any problem like that with other bbs anf routers.. i also checked the plug and play opt
ion and is ON. but the router's firewall is in standard mode (should i disabled it?)

i also updated my .net and everything

the only problem that i have is that it takes a lot for signing in on messenger but it does after all and its ok. AND my serious problem is that my cam is freezing or it doesnt connect ,the same happens with my contact's window.

( also i have updated all my drivers.

**I HAD THE SAME PC WITH XP SP2 AND AGAIN WITHOUT CG JUST THE ONE ONBOARD BUT WITH BT BROADBAND and i HADNT THESE PROBLEMS

pfffffffffff

can someone help me????/ plssssssssssssss

Edited by kyan, 14 October 2008 - 07:19 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I'm confused by your use of "cg". What do you mean by it (just to avoid confusion)?

From looking at your post, I see that you switched from BT broadband to Tiscali. Being on wireless (in of itself) could be introducing lag and connectivity issues. As could Tiscali's network.

Did you update to sp3 before or after the the isp switch?

Are you experiencing any other issues besides msn/webcam?