Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

LSA Shell error....and bouble user name asked!

• Please log in to reply

tenzi

tenzi

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
I am here as been told by coachwife6 ,
i had upgrade my system to xp pro... when i start my machine, the username and password that we give in 2000pro shows and after clicking okaii on the error pages then only it will proceed where we are asked for xp username .. which is tiresome and also it takes lots of time over... but if i restart my machine instead of turnoff then the 2000 pro shows only for a sec and then instead of showing the xp username n password page it just stays there idly saying window is starting up.

My other problem is:

LSA Shell (Export Version) has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Error signature
szAppName : Isass.exe szAppver :5.1.2600.0 szModName : Unknown
szModVer :0.0.0.0 offset :00000000

The following files will be included in this error report:

C:\DOCUME~1\jangs\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8.tmp.dir00\lsass.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\jangs\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

and the system shuts down itself. it shows when i download anything.

Can anyone help me out here .!!!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
so,
you upgraded from windows 2000 to windows xp?

This problem began immediatedly after that, or were you able to use windows xp for a while and then the error developed?

And, when you installed windows xp, it gave you the option of installing an upgrade or new....which did you choose ?

tenzi

tenzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
yeah i upgrade to xp from 2000.
very right i had it working fine for a while after the upgrade but after that i had this thing every now n then . Yeh i choose the upgrade option when i installed intead of new installation.

Thanks for the response

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
ok, second question

"... 2000 pro shows only for a second...."

where does it show....can you describe that...I am trying to get a better grasp of the problem...

It is a text menu with choices
1) windows xp
2) windows 2000

or are you talking about a big splash screen like the windows Xp screen?

tenzi

tenzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
after system boots up we have this login page with user name and password ... so instead of showing the xp pro login page .. am first shown this 2000pro login page with error saying " The system could not log on. Make sure your username and domain are correct then type your password again.Letter in password must be type using correct case." And after cliking ok, then only i am taken to the xp pro login page.
but the problem is when i restart my computer or many a time should i say this error of 2000 pro didn't at all stop there to clik the ok button instead it just shift to a new page/screen shows windows is starting up in a few second.. and if it shows then then i have to wait like more than 10 min. or so. after which it will again shows the same page of error and then after cliking ok .. i am then only shown the xp login page.

I just don't know, what went wrong ?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Tenzi, I am sorry, but I just can't visualize this in my head....is there anyway you can take a pciture of this with a digital camera and post the pictures?

This sounds extraordinarily odd....

tenzi

tenzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
hi sorry for the silence,

well am attaching the pic that i have describe in my above query.

The first one comes after the botting process finised.

Attached Thumbnails

• 0507014300.jpg
  • 0507013100.jpg

tenzi

tenzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
and finally it shows the loggin page of xp..but sometimes the login page that u seen on the first page change so fast to the next page which states windows is starting up.. that time it takes like 10 to 15 min. to show me the xp login page. Thanks for taking some time for me ..

p.s. am atttaching the xp login page that i am telling u

Attached Thumbnails

• 0507014301.jpg

tenzi

tenzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Hi gerryf,
i would be grt if u can help me out here. waitig for ur suggestion and can anyone else help me out.