Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless G range expander problems

• Please log in to reply

RamzaRuglia

RamzaRuglia

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
OK so I got a router and a wireless card for two desktops, got those working nicely, with just a little signal problem. So i got this range expander, a linksys wireless G range expander. When I plug it in and run the setup disc it gets to a error that says it cannot locate the wireless G range expander, I've tried it on both computers with it plugged in right next to the router. When I look at my connections list it shows another network with the same name, but with 100% signal, so I was thinking that was it but it doesn't work.So any ideas how to get it working?

Everything is a linksys product, I'm using a WEP security, and its on windows XP. If you need to know more just ask.

Advertisements