Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with cd-rom on laptop

• Please log in to reply

caveman88

caveman88

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
When i mount a cd in my cd-rom/dvd-burner, i can hear the cd-rom starts to spin and trying to read multiple times, but does not manage to read the cd. This is common for all kinds of cd`s, and the cd-rom has always worked perfectly fine, until it suddenly stopped working recently. I need some help with this one...

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well if it shows up in my computer and in the device manager... it probably means the laser is dirty/dying/dead... you can try a cd cleaner but it's very possible that the drive is toast.

caveman88

caveman88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
it shows up in my computer and in the device manager. I will try to run a cd-cleaner as soon as possible

habladoha

habladoha

• Pip
  • 3 posts
my friends too her cd-rom in laptop was not open. Well when I fix the problem my friend laptop is like the cd-rom in computer there is a small hole there get a pin and touch with the pin in the hole. reply if it is work.