Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

anti virus protection

• Please log in to reply

donamay

donamay

• Pip
  • 2 posts
is there any free virus protection that is good

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Sure, there are quite a few good free products. We have a whole topic on free products here. Although I don't use them, I've heard good things about Avast and Anti-vir, and there are other products listed there as well.

donamay

donamay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you

cho

cho

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I also still am running WIN-98 the Old Timers Club...
I recently had problems w/Power Antivirus 2009, if U know what it is U know. if U don't--Pray U don't catch it... I tried Ad-aware/SpyBot w/little or no help. Good news is I found something in G2G which
"seems" to have extracted that Pestky (PA2009) which was throwing Popups all in my face for days!

Sorry I am new to G2G so I don't exactly remember where I found it, Look in the Downloads section & it is FREE & is called SUPER-ANTIVIRUS FREE Edition, I belive it made ref. to it being a G2G product.

Neg= Full scans take a LONG Time 1&1/2--2hrs & now even thought I s/b Clean I'm having a new problem, when I am in ebay for instance, My Curser will have a Life of it's own & start Wigling around
then POOF-I get Bumped Out to my Desktop Screen & have to reconnect to the internet to go back....
can anyone Help me w/this?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Welcome to geeks to go cho,

I would suggest 2 things. The first is to start your own topic, that way you do not get lost in someone elses. The 2nd is to go to the malware forum (link in signature). Follow the instructions and be patient.
You probably still have malware and spyware.